Job Title: Data Entry Clerk
Reports to: Director of Shelter Operations
FLSA Status: Part Time/Non-exempt
Receives, reviews, and enters client data into computer system or tracking database according to established procedures. Ensures accuracy of all data recorded and performs database maintenance functions for assigned sections of program services.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports The Shade Tree in their overall mission of providing safe shelter to homeless and abused women and children in crisis and offering life-changing services promoting stability, dignity and self-reliance.
- Enters, verifies and/or modifies client data and information from source documents using data entry, remote terminal or computer equipment.
- Reviews source documents for proper coding and completeness of information.
- Conducts research and resolves incomplete source documents or discrepancies in client information.
- Generates and distributes reports.
- Formulates queries to produce desired reports, when needed.
- Accountable for keeping all data “Audit Ready” for both internal and external audits.
- Training and promoting accuracy and accountability as requested by department directors.
- Troubleshoots and resolves errors in reports or inaccurate reports.
- Participates in revising and developing procedures to improve efficiency and accuracy of operation.
- Performs procedures and processes on data system to ensure continual accuracy and currency of data.
- Audits data system to ensure data is accurate and reporting correctly.
- Perform routine computer operations.
- Performs various clerical activities such as copying, typing, and filing materials. Performs other related duties of a comparable level as assigned.
- Coordinate with department Directors and program managers to provide or clarify information and resolve data-related issues.
- Accountable for the timely completion of assigned duties with minimal supervision and performing work with accuracy.
- Attends trainings and meetings as requested.
Minimum Level of Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a high school diploma or GED and a experience in a secretarial/clerical position.
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in social work or homeless services and HMIS data requirements; previous experience in quality assurance functions is desirable.
- Proficient in computer software application programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database; accurately type minimum of 50 words per minute.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, adaptable, able to work with minimal direction in a high pressure environment.
- Strong organizational and collaborative skills, good attention to detail, time management skills and personal initiative.
- Strong ethics and integrity
- Knowledge of data entry procedures.
- Knowledge of basic query format.
- Skill in performing basic arithmetic calculations.
- Skill in attention to detail, precision, speed, and accuracy.
- Work cooperatively and professionally with others.
- Make continuous or repetitive hand-arm movements.
Physical Demands of Position
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to read/write/speak in English and possess excellent oral/written communication skills