Job Title: Donations Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Development
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Coordinates all intake and re-donation of donated items. Manage donations in upper lot, dock area and basement. Work directly with Resource Coordinator to facilitate the needs of the shelter and our clients.
Principle duties and responsibilities for Donations Coordinator
- Manage donation process from intake to distribution.
- Manage all donation inventory databases to meet the needs of the agencies record keeping requirements.
- Coordinates all inventory donated to our agency.
- Coordinate with Case Managers and Client advocates to obtain, fulfill and track all client wish lists and needed items.
- Assists Donors. Create, implement and manage procedures and processes to ensure smooth donation experience for donors.
- Create, implement and manage procedures and processes to ensure smooth transition of donated items to meet client needs.
- Organizes and supervises basement area; sorts and puts away donations/supplies keeping basement area neat and clean.
- Manage volunteers and any temporary or part-time donation staff.
- Over-sees Semi-annual Inventory/point-in-time counts of all donations on hand.
- Establish and maintain relationships with outside agencies and partners to share resources.
- Assists with keeping donation dock and pit area neat, clean and clear of debris.
- Assist with keeping upper donation center clean, neat, and clear of any security or safety hazards.
- Stocks donations and supplies, answers questions and problem solves regarding the Resources Department.
- Assists with fundraising projects as requested.
Performs related duties and responsibilities as requested by Director of Development, and/or Executive Director. The duties listed above are intended only as general illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Specific statements of duties not included does not exclude them from the opposition if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Minimum level of preparation and training
- High school diploma or equivalent experience in related field.
- Must be able to travel in own personal vehicle and posses a valid Nevada driver’s license or be able to posses a valid Driver’s License.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekend and/ evening hours as required.
Physical Demands of Position
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to read/write/speak basic sentences in English and possess minimal oral/written communication skills in order to communicate with clients, co-workers and management.