Job Title: Kennel Attendant – PT
Program: Program Services
Reports To: Noah’s Animal House Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Under the general supervision of Noah’s Animal Shelter Manager maintains sanitary conditions of kennels and provides care for animals entrusted to the Shelter’s care. Performs related duties as required.
Principle Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Cleans and maintains animal cages and surrounding areas including floors and hallways.
- Following established protocols, received animals from clients and releases animals to their lawful owners.
- Moves animals from one area to another when inspecting and cleaning cages.
- Prepares food and feed all animals per shelter schedule.
- Clean, bathe and exercise animals as required by shelter schedule.
- Routinely inspects animals for signs of sickness and disease.
- Prepare reports on incidents involving animals in the shelter’s care.
- May assist Shelter Manager in the care of sick or injured animals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year of experience in providing animal care: shelter, vet office, pet store or other closely related agency or organization.
- Experience cleaning and maintaining kennels.
- General knowledge of methods and techniques of animal care, health and hygiene of animals and various breeds of dogs and cats.
- Follows departmental operating policies and procedures related to animal shelter laws and ordinances.
- Ability to clean and maintain kennels using appropriate cleaning supplies, equipment and chemicals.
- Feed, move and handle animals without causing harm to self or animal.
- Able to detect symptoms of disease in animals.
- Follow safety procedures in controlling and handling animals.
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Effective written and verbal communication.