Job Title: Lead Client Advocate
Reports to: Director of Shelter Operations
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
To assist homeless women and children with basic life needs while ensuring compliance with shelter rules and regulations. Ensure everyone is conducting themselves in a manner appropriate for communal living. Ensure that all Shade Tree property is being used in a reasonable manner and is free from damage. Create and cultivate a positive atmosphere that fosters the growth and development of both clients and direct report staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and resolve conflicts productively
- Maintain confidentiality of all records relating to clients
- Adapt to change in a productive and positive manner
- Maintain professional dress and demeanor serving as a role model to residents and direct reports
- Responsible for thorough and accurate training of all new hires,
- Conduct weekly meetings with Shelter Client Support Staff
- Create monthly work schedule for department including mentoring of new hires
- Complete performance reviews for direct reports including disciplinary actions when necessary
- Consistently enforce rules and policies to ensure safe and orderly operation of the facilities and the safety and wellness or clients and staff
- Attend weekly MDT’s, monthly all-staff meetings and on and off site trainings
- Oversee and coordinate health and wellness checks
- Oversee and monitor staff and clients
- Facilitate client intakes as needed.
- Enforce rest periods and meal breaks for direct report staff.
- Ensure that all agency property is being used in a reasonable manner
- Oversee the maintenance of daily forms, complete hourly facility checks. Report any damage or incidents to Shelter Operations Director
- Supervise and review daily resident chores ensuring the cleanliness of the shelter
- Distribute personal care items, towels, and linens; ensure that supplies are restocked and supply list has been prepared
- Answer phones and direct calls as appropriate and enter appropriate information in “Daily Log” and clients’ case notes
- When a client is exiting, request clients to complete exit evaluations and ensure client has cleaned their living area and returned all TST property before exiting
- Communicate with other staff to resolve problems with individuals’ clients
- Keep all support staff up to date on ongoing events
- Maintain the Monitor Station in a neat and orderly manner.
- Communicate and interact with co-workers, clients, and visitors effectively and professionally
- Comply with all OSHA and safety requirements.
- Inspect work areas and equipment to ensure conformance to establish standards in areas such as cleanliness, maintenance and safety.
- Observe clients in order to detect, stop, and report unusual behavior.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of visitors, clients and other persons to guard against theft and unauthorized access to property.
- Report any inappropriate client issues to Shift Supervisor or Director of Operations for resolution and call emergency assistance when needed.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary. Management reserves the right to review and revise all, or a portion of any job description at anytime and make changes as deemed appropriate based on business needs.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent and basic grammar and spelling.
- Ability to utilize conflict resolution and anger management skills as well as articulate ideas, issues, and solutions.
- Read and write English.
- Understand needs of women and children in crisis along with the issues that effect specific sub-populations of homeless of homeless women such as domestic violence, seniors, single women, and substance abuse.
- Ability to relate to others in a non-judgmental and supportive fashion.