Job Title: Lead Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Director of Operations
FSLA Status: Exempt
Perform minor maintenance of building and grounds. Duties may involve replacing inoperable light bulbs, replacing ventilating system filters, painting, maintaining cleanliness, minor plumbing, carpentry, and electrical repairs. Communicate and interact with co-workers, clients, and visitors effectively and professionally. Provide report to supervisor and fix/correct any identified issue.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and resolve conflicts productively.
- React to change in a productive and positive manner.
- Maintain neat appearance appropriate for the position and demeanor serving as a role model to residents.
- Supervised and lead the maintenance team is resolving maintenance issues.
- Inspect the property and generates work orders for necessary repairs to ensure the property is kept in good operating conditions.
- Provide weekly checklists of work performed including work and purchase orders.
- Conduct facility checks to identify safety, maintenance, and plumbing issues.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance to ensure building systems operate efficiently and the physical condition of the building does not deteriorate.
- Identifies and correct building equipment problems by performing basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and painting.
- On a daily basis, replace inoperable bulbs, fix broken or loose beds, lockers, and chairs; and fix, repair, or remove issues that present a safety hazard
- Use tolls ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, saws, drills, screw driver and wrenches etc.
- Repair or replace defective parts using hand tools and power tools.
- Obtain estimates, quotes of materials needs, equipment rental and service calls for repairs.
- Prepare reports of inspections and materials estimates to the Operation Manager of property and equipment and materials needed for repairs.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Correctly apply methods, practices and procedures to maintenance, inspection and repair.
- Be flexible in responding to changes in schedule and job priorities.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary. Management reserves the right to review and revise all, or a portion of any job description at anytime and make changes as deemed appropriate based on business needs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements
- Based knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the repair of buildings.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies and procedures promoting the safety of people and property.
- Able to prioritize and stay on task with scheduled items and plan for special requests accordingly.
- Able to perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Needs to be familiar with safety /facilities maintenance issues and how to identify them.
- Experience in general facilities maintenance and repair including plumbing, drip systems, heating and air conditioning, electrical systems and other basic general maintenance skills.
- Understand and prioritize work plans to complete assignments with quality workmanship and in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Responds to emergency situation during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
Physical Demands of Position
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to read/write/speak basic sentences in English and process minimal oral/written communication skills in order to communicate with clients, co-workers and management.
- Must be able to stoop and reach.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up o 50 pounds.