Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Director of Shelter Operations
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Perform maintenance of building and grounds. Duties may involve light HVAC trouble shooting, minor electrical repairs, painting, maintaining cleanliness, general plumbing and carpentry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct facility checks to identify safety, maintenance, and plumbing issues.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance to ensure building systems operate efficiently and the physical condition f building does not deteriorate.
- Complete painting projects as designated by supervisor.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment, maintenance procedures and maintain records of schedule maintenance procedures.
- Clean light panels and air vents on a regular and recurring basis.
- On a daily basis, replace inoperable bulbs, fix broken or loose beds, lockers, and chairs; and fix, repair, or remove issues that present a safety hazard.
- Use common hand and power tools; such as hammers, saws, drills, screw driver and wrenches.
- Repair or replace defective parts using hand tools and power tools.
- Check stairwells and dumpster area for cleanliness.
- Wash off back patios and front of building.
- Pull weeds in planters and outside of property.
- Communicate and interact with co-workers, clients, and visitors effectively and professionally.
- Provide report to supervisor and fix/correct any identified issue.
- Respond to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary. Management reserves the right to review and revise all, or a portion of any job description at anytime and make changes as deemed appropriate based on business needs.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements
- Needs to be familiar with safety /facilities maintenance issues and how to identify them
- Experience in general facilities maintenance and repair including plumbing, drip systems, heating and air conditioning, electrical systems and other basic general maintenance skills
- Based knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the repair of buildings
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies and procedures promoting the safety of people and property.
- Able to prioritize and stay on task with scheduled items and plan for special requests accordingly
- Able to perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
Physical Demands of Position
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Must be able to organize/prioritize workload to ensure completion of all tasks within established time frames.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to read/write/speak basic sentences in English and process minimal oral/written communication skills in order to communicate with clients, co-workers and management.
- Must be able to stoop and reach.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up o 50 pounds.
Complete application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.