Job Title: Receptionist
Reports to: Director of Operations
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports directly to the Director of Operations. Facilitates front office functions of agency. Provides timely, knowledgeable and pleasant interaction with clients, community, and volunteers who involve themselves in The Shade Tree and its programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and resolve conflicts productively.
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to clients.
- React to change in a productive and positive manner.
- Maintain professional dress and demeanor serving as a role model to residents.
- Operate telephone to answer and forward calls, provide information, and take messages
- Analyze data to determine answers to questions from clients or members of the public.
- Provide information about the establishment, such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Take and distribute telephone messages to appropriate individuals in a timely manner.
- Perform duties such as maintaining a professional appearance of the lobby and reception area.
- Sort, distribute, and secure client mail in accordance with established policy.
- Accept deliveries to the TST.
- Picks up mail daily and makes bank deposits as needed.
- Collect client rents and process rent receipts.
- Greet persons entering the establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct them to specific destinations
- Answer telephones in a timely and professional manner
- Communicate and interact with co-workers, clients, and visitors effectively and professionally
- Inspect work areas and equipment to ensure conformance to establish standards in areas such as cleanliness, maintenance and safety.
- Observe clients in order to detect, stop, and report unusual behavior.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of clients, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and unauthorized access to the property.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with volunteers, employees, agencies and the public
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Accurately type 50 words per minute
- Proficient in common office computer software such as Word, Excel, Outlook & Power point
- Must have a valid Nevada driver’s license
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Must be able to organize/prioritize workload to ensure completion of all tasks within established time frames
- Must be able to work well under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to read/write/speak basic sentences in English and possess minimal oral/written communication skills in order to communicate with clients, co-workers and management. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Must exercise good judgment and common sense
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Management reserves the right to review and revise all, or a portion of any job description at anytime and make changes as deemed appropriate based on business needs
Physical Demands of Position
Constant mental alertness and attention to detail
Must walk for extended periods of time
Occasionally required to walk/stand for limited periods of time
Occasionally required to sit for extended periods of time
Occasionally push/pull/lift or carry up to 10 lbs.